Information we collect when you visit our site, and how we use it.
You do not need to provide any personal information to us just to visit this Website.
We use a Google Analytics script tag to collect anonymous information about what time you visit, what browser/system configuration you use, your IP address, what pages you visit, how long you visit each page, and what country you are accessing the Website from.
We use customer data platform provided by Fueled for attribution tracking, customer journey analysis, marketing automation and personalization. We collect anonymous information about your browser settings and your IP address, as well as the ID of the advertisement you clicked on to arrive at our site, if applicable. This information is stored in our first-party data database hosted by Fueled and not shared with any other party.
When you visit our website, we place cookies in your browser so that our third-party partners can show you ads after you leave our website, or associate orders with marketing campaigns. We share this non-personally identifiable cookie information with our third-party advertiser, Facebook, which enables us to present you with advertising on other sites based on the products you view on our website. While our cookies are not personally-identifiable, if you are logged into the services of Google or Facebook when you visit our website, they will be able to associate your personal account information with the cookie. We take no responsibility for the information collected by these platforms that you may already have relationships with. Our cookies expire after a set period of time, or when you clear your cookie cache.
Information we collect when you make a purchase, and how we use it.
When you make a purchase from us, you must voluntarily provide us your personal information in order to ensure a successful transaction. The information that you must provide us in order to complete a transaction is your name, email, shipping address, billing address, contact information and product selection. We store this information in our database in the USA. We use this personal information to screen for fraud, communicate with you about your order, and ship your order. We do not collect your credit card information; this information bypasses us and is submitted directly to Shopify Payments, our PCI compliant payment gateway which processes your card and remits the funds to us.
We will store your order information in our database indefinitely, in order to comply with state sales tax record keeping requirements. You may contact us to delete your order history at any time.
When you complete a purchase with us, we will share certain information with our third party service orders to ship your order, maintain our email newsletter, and track our marketing campaign effectiveness. Please refer to the "Sharing Personal Information" section below to understand specifically what information is shared, when and with whom.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13, and request that parents monitor their children’s online habits to ensure they do not submit personal information to us.
Sharing Personal Information
Any data that we share with third party partners is shared only for the specific purpose of selling sunglasses. These service providers fulfill the specific functions of processing payments, packing and fulfilling your order, managing address databases, screening for fraud, providing analytics, and marketing reporting. When we work with a third-party partner, we only provide them with the minimum information that they need to perform their specific function.
- When you purchase, we share your personal information with Shopify in order to process your order. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information by clicking here.
- When you purchase, we share your personal information with our warehouses to pack and ship your order. This order information is retained in our records for at least five years to satisfy state tax reporting requirements.
- When you purchase a subscription from us, we share your personal information with Smartrr, our subscription platform, in order to process and manage your subscription. You can read more about how Smartrr uses your Personal Information by clicking here.
- When you visit our website, we share your site usage information with Google Analytics to better understand our site usage. We share information such as your IP address, device configuration, and the pages you visit. We use only the minimum data-sharing requirements for the tool to function. You can read more about how Google Analytics uses your personal information by clicking here. You can also opt-out of all sharing with Google Analytics by clicking here.
- When you opt in to receive our newsletter, we share your personal information with Klaviyo, our third-party email provider, which allows us to communicate with you by email. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in the footer of any email we send you.
- When you visit our website, we place a Facebook cookie in your browser so that we may show you ads based on the products you viewed on our website. We also track if you purchase, and pass de-identified hashed order information to Facebook so that we can understand the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. No personally identifiable information is shared with Facebook, but if you have an account with Facebook and have provided them with the same information, they may be able to associate order activity with your profile. To opt out of data sharing with Facebook, click here.
- When you visit our website, we place a Microsoft cookie in your browser so that we can track the effectiveness of our Bing advertising campaigns. If you purchase, we share the non-personally identifiable conversion event with Bing. You can opt out of sharing information with Microsoft by clicking here.
- When you visit our website, we use a Google Adwords script tag so that we can track the effectiveness of our Google Adwords advertising campaigns. When you purchase, we share the non-personally identifiable conversion event with Google Adwords. You can learn more about how Google uses information from sites or apps that use their services, as well as opt out of sharing information with Google by clicking here.
- When you leave a review, the name and images you provide are shared with KnoCommerce, our review plugin. Sharing this information is voluntary, and no personal information is stored unless you provide it.
- When you purchase from us, we share your order conversion data with Fueled, our analytics platform. Your data is stored in our first-party database and not used for any purpose other than our own analytics.
Occasionally, we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide personal information to the appropriate governmental authorities. We will disclose personal information upon receipt of a court order or subpoena or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
In the event we undergo a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal information may be among the assets transferred.
Your California Rights
Consumer Rights Notice. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, Best Day Brewing is required to provide California residents with the following specific consumer rights information:
- This website is owned and operated by Best Day Brewing.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, this website is provided without charge.
To file a complaint regarding this website or to receive further information regarding use of this website, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a letter to: Best Day Brewing, 1505 Bridgeway, Sausalito, CA 94965. You also may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of California’s Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814 or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
California Consumer Privacy Act. "Personal Information" has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
The following terms apply if the CCPA applies to your Personal Information that we collect and use:
Right to Know. In some circumstances, you have the right to request from us the categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your Personal Information was collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Information, the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. You may call us at 919-725-7226 or email us at email@example.com. with “CCPA Right to Know” in the subject line and in the body of your message to exercise this right.
Right to Deletion. In some circumstances, you may have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information about you which we have collected from you. You may may write us at Best Day Brewing, Attn: Privacy, 1505 Bridgeway, Ste. 110, Sausalito, CA 94965 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “CCPA Right to Deletion” in the subject line and in the body of your message to exercise this right. There are situations where we are not required to comply with your request for deletion and we will let you know if one of those situations arises.
We reserve the right to verify your identity before we process any request relating to your Personal Information.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to know or a request to delete. To use an authorized agent, you must provide your agent with written authorization and we may require that you provide us proof of your identity. We may deny a request from your agent if they do not submit proof that you have authorized them to act on your behalf. Such requirements will not apply where you have provided your authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Cal. Prob. Code Sections 4000 to 4465.
We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of the above rights granted to you by the CCPA. We are not discriminating against you if we deny a request to know or delete if we have a legitimate reason for the denial. We may also charge a fee for excessive or repetitive requests.
Shine the Light. If you are a California resident who provides personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (“Shine the Light Law”) permits you to request in writing and obtain from us, once per calendar year, data about the personal information we shared, if any, with other third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com and write "Shine the Light - Request for California Privacy Data" for the subject of your message. We will send you a reply e-mail within 30 days containing the requested data once we confirm your request. Not all of the shared personal information is covered by the Shine the Light Law requirements and therefore only personal information which is covered will be included in our response.
Controlling, Opting Out, or Deleting Your Data
In order to opt out of our partner data sharing, please see the tools and links below:
- To opt out of data sharing with Google advertising, click here.
- To opt out of our data sharing with Google Analytics, click here.
- To opt out of our data sharing with Microsoft, click here.
- To opt out of data sharing with Facebook, click here.
Your Choices about Your Personal Data
If you would like to correct or update personal information that we have about you, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your request, please make clear the personal information that you would like us to change. For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the personal information associated with the particular email or other contact information that you use to send us your request. We may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
This Website is hosted in the United States and is governed by United States law. If you are visiting or using the Website from outside the United States, please be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
For privacy or support related issues, please contact us at: email@example.com.
If you would like to reach us by mail, please write to us at:
Best Day Brewing
1505 Bridgeway, Ste. 110
Sausalito, CA 94965